I was going through my emails and trying to catch up on some reading when I came across this Lovely Lesson in a newsletter from SheBrand.com. When I decided to starting making jewelry it was supposed to be as a hobby but I quickly realized I had an opportunity to make it so much more and see some growth in myself as well. P.S. You're Lovely has not only become a passion but part of my identity and something I want to be remembered for years down the line. Check out this test below...
Today's Lovely Lesson: How Do You Want to Be Remembered?
How Do You Want to Be Remembered?
The following quiz appeared on the Web and has been all over the world. Take a few minutes to answer the following questions and see how you do:
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade’s worth of World Series winners.
The point: None of us remember the headlines of yesterday. These are not second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name three people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few special people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of three people you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name a half a dozen heroes who stories have inspired you.
The lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money or the most awards. They are the ones who care.
© Liz Dennery Sanders 2011
Liz Dennery Sanders wants you to build your brand with style. As the CEO of Dennery Marks Inc., a brand development and celebrity outreach firm, she founded SheBrand, to help female entrepreneurs build powerful personal brands, attract more clients and position themselves as authorities in their industries. You can reach her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.shebrand.com.
After I read this I realized something else. It's not just about HOW you want to be remembered but its also about WHO you remember as you make your way to the top. The people who really want to see you succeed in whatever you do in life will be there no matter what. Take faith and pride on your way to the top but just don't forget about the people who carried you when you were weak.
Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone.