Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Lovely Truth: How Cleopatra Won Her Bet

Hello Lovelies,

I hope you are all having a wonderful day even though the sky is grey. I have found over time that pearls have quite a history and some lovely little truths that many are unaware of so I thought I'd take a moment out to share one with you.

This is one of my favorite!

How Cleopatra Won Her Bet
Cleopatra reportedly dissolved a single pearl earring in a glass of wine and drank it, simply to win a wager with Mark Anthony that she could consume the wealth of an entire nation in just one meal.

How Cleopatra Won Her Bet

Talk about ballsy. You have to love the lady for her spirit. You can read more about this lovely little truth here.

Tell me what lovely truths you know about pearls and you might see a featured post on your truth and a special thank you!


 Blissfully,









P.S. You're Lovely

Check out the ETSY shop
LIKE me on Facebook
FOLLOW me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment