Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Epilepsy Awareness Month and What It Means to Me

 Hello Lovelies,

November is a very special month and I hope you will support this cause that means so much to me. My best friend, Megan Ford, was diagnosed with Epilepsy this past summer and it has completely changed her life at the age of 25.  Through her struggles I have learned there is not much education out there about Epilepsy and many misconceptions about how it affects the every day lives of many people.



November is Epilepsy Awareness month so I want to do my part to help education the masses and donate to the research. The color for Epilepsy Awareness month is Purple so for the month of November P.S. You’re Lovely will have some special pieces and $5 for each purchase will go to Epilepsy Research in honor of Megan Ford.

Epilepsy affects over 50 million people worldwide or approximately 1 in 100 people. That's more than multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy and Parkinson's disease combined.

Throughout the month I will post information about Epilepsy, Megan’s personal story, and different pieces that you can purchase to support the cause. An "Epilepsy Awareness Month" page has been added to the blog where the pieces will be showcased.

Megan's post: I Have Epilepsy.




Take the "Get Seizure Smart" Quiz today and start educating yourself TODAY!

Blissfully,









P.S. You're Lovely

Check out the ETSY shop
LIKE me on Facebook
FOLLOW me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment